- An accredited member of BACP, (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- A Senior accredited member of COSRT, (College of Relationship and Psychosexual Therapy)
- Qualified EMDR therapist
- Advanced Diploma Integrative Counselling from CPPD (UK)
- London Diploma in Relationship and Psychosexual Therapy
- Health and Social Care qualification NVQ3 for substance misuse
I worked for three years at Kings College Hospital London, Caldecot Clinic, an NHS psychosexual service for women and men providing psychological help for sexual and relationship problems. Working in Residential and Community services, including drug and alcohol services, as a Senior Practitioner for 15 years before concentrating on my private practice in the last few years.
I have experienced a rich and varied life. I trained as a Sculptor in London. After exploring Europe and the USA I moved to Dartmouth in Devon and lived on an old sailing yacht. I have also enjoyed life working on the land as a farmer in Devon and Dorset. In midlife I settled down as a Director/Partner in an Art Consultancy, Peter Millard and Partners in West London.
Later in life, I was drawn to become a Psychotherapist and find immense fulfillment working with adults from varied backgrounds and experiences.
Help with Life and EMDR
How Does EMDR Work?
EMDR seems to directly influence the way that the brain functions. It helps to restore normal ways of dealing with problems (i.e. information processing). Following successful EMDR treatment, memories of such events are no longer painful when brought to mind. What happened can still be recalled, but it is no longer upsetting.